Your cord blood bank team can benefit greatly by experiencing Cord Blood Connect together, says the chair of the technical education and training sessions.
“There’s nothing like being in an environment of like-minded women and men, learning from one another about how to be
the best that they can be in their professional roles,” said Sharon Miller, MT(ASCP), CHS(ABHI), senior professional research assistant and director of regulatory affairs at the University of Colorado Cord Blood Bank.
In addition to presenting the latest scientific and medical research, the international congress is designed to meet everyone’s bank administration and technical needs and interests. The congress is being structured to encourage networking because the most valuable information can come from discussions with peers outside of the formal presentations.
Technical sessions will include:
- Economics and logistics of cord blood banking
- Cord blood collection procedures and public education
- Manufacturing and quality specifications
- International and domestic shipping and transplantation
- Alternative uses for birthing tissues
- Education for prenatal and pediatric health care providers
The international congress convenes Sept. 14-16 at the Loews Miami Beach Hotel. Preview the complete agenda for the congress.