What would you like to see on the Cord Blood Connect agenda?
Several committees have been working since October to design an international congress that they think will meet your needs and interests. You have an opportunity to give them your thoughts below.
Here’s what they are planning:
There will be several plenary sessions designed for everyone. The rest of the congress will be concurrent sessions in two principal tracks and small workshops. One track will be scientific, with clinicians and investigators providing updates on their work at the leading edges of pre-clinical research and clinical trials in cord blood therapeutics and regenerative medicine. The other track will be education and training for cord blood banking administrators, lab technicians, collectors and other support personnel.
Specifically, here’s the lineup . . .
- Overview of the congress. The state of the science. The state of the cord blood community.
- Government regulations and their impact on emerging regenerative therapies
- Clinical outcomes of cord blood therapies
- Pioneering investigators, caregivers and patients
- The future of cord blood – an examination of the “what ifs.” Are we utilizing all of the components of cord blood, cord tissue and other birthing tissues? Are we prepared to scaleup for expanded use? What do we need to do to prepare?
Concurrent Sessions: Science
- Late-breaking updates on clinical outcomes of cord blood transplantation
- Cord blood-derived immunotherapies
- Engineering of cord blood grafts, including cell expansion and homing
- MSCs derived from birthing tissues – manufacturing and regulations, preclinical characterization and clinical studies
- Emerging uses of cord blood and cord tissue cells in regenerative medicine for cardiovascular, neurologic, pulmonary and orthopedic conditions
Concurrent Sessions: Education and Training
- Economics and logistics of cord blood banking and cord blood therapies
- Cord blood collection procedures and public education
- Manufacturing and quality specifications
- International and domestic shipping and transportation
- Education for prenatal and pediatric health care providers
The 13 organizations collaborating on the congress will be presenting other programs and workshops during or adjacent to the congress. For example, a day-long Quality Bootcamp for cord blood bank administrators and quality assurance managers will be presented by the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT).
Do you see something important that is missing? A topic area that you and others would appreciate? Click here to tell us, and your recommendation will be forwarded to the appropriate planning committee.